We take Enliven’s chemical-free environment seriously–and you do, too
If you have been mostly fragrance/scent-free but still dabble in scent, there’s still hope for staying here as long as you follow our DOs and DON’Ts. 🙂
To start, here’s our list of DON’TS (everyone likes to get the bad news out of the way first, right?!)
• Don’t bring any type of fragranced or scented item into Enliven.
• Don’t bring perfume or cologne.
• Don’t bring fragranced shaving products, makeup, deodorants, hair products, etc.
• Don’t bring essential oils.
• Don’t bring fragranced medications. This can include hormone creams or other medications in cream form.
• Don’t bring clothing that has been washed in fragranced detergents or washed in natural but scented laundry detergent.
• Don’t bring clothing washed with fabric softeners or dried with dryer sheets.
• Don’t bring a coat, purse, footwear, makeup/toiletries bag or suitcase previously used when fragranced.
• Don’t wash your fragrance-free purchases if your washing machine and dryer have been used with fragranced detergents, softeners or dryer sheets.
And now for the DOs!
• DO Stop using perfume and fragranced products at least four weeks before arrival.
• DO Purchase new clothing, purse, footwear, and/or suitcase from a store that does not spritz items with fragrance (i.e. not a major store at a mall.)
• If ordering new clothing online, DO make sure they do not scent their clothing or store items layered with dryer sheets (this is a common practice, as dryer sheets kill insects!)
• DO triple-bag non-fragranced clothing in thick plastic bags that do not smell like plastic. (Costco’s clear 33 gallon bags work well.) Close bags tightly to prevent cross-contamination.
• DO make sure all items are completely dry before sealing bags.
• DO Pack purchased non-fragranced clothing, footwear, coat, fragrance-free toiletries, etc. in fragrance-free suitcase.
• DO triple-bag suitcase and tie securely if not immediately flying.
Travel is a smelly business! Please do the following upon arrival to make sure those smells are left behind and not deposited on Enliven’s sheets.
• Shower with fragrance-free products. Wash your hair repeatedly and scrub your skin to remove fragrance residue.
• Bag the clothes you wore on the plane.
• Wear only fragrance-free clothing during your stay.
• Use fragrance-free products during your stay. Whole Foods carries fragrance-free items (365 brand). Fragrance-free products can also be ordered from Amazon. You will need:
• fragrance-free deodorant
• fragrance-free lotion
• fragrance-free shampoo (provided for guests)
• fragrance-free conditioner (provided for guests)
• fragrance-free styling products
• fragrance-free makeup
• fragrance-free face wash
• fragrance-free body wash (provided for guests)
• fragrance-free shaving products